|SPARKS, Md. (March 11, 2014) – The clocks have sprung forward – and an extra hour of daylight means grilling season is within reach. With warm weather on the horizon, McCormick & Company, a global leader in flavor, has released its McCormick® Grill Mates® & Lawry’s® Flavor Forecast® 2014: GRILLING EDITION. The report reveals the top flavors and trends sizzling on grills this season – stoking backyard cooks’ creativity with new recipes, how-tos and techniques.
“Our Grilling Flavor Forecast shows how global culinary trends are coming to life on America’s grills,” said Chef Kevan Vetter of the McCormick Kitchens. “For example, food lovers everywhere are seeking out their next big chile thrill. They’re stuffing jalapenos in their favorite burgers or creating quick homemade Sriracha BBQ sauces.”
The tastiest trends from McCormick Grill Mates & Lawry’s Flavor Forecast 2014: Grilling Edition include:
- Brazilian BBQ – Grillers are taking restaurant-style Brazilian BBQ to their backyards with wow-worthy dishes like skewered meats in zesty marinades – ensuring Latin American flair in every bite.
- Fired Up Chilies – From chile-stuffed burgers to ribs slathered with homemade Sriracha BBQ sauces, grilling with chilies is fueling our obsession for bolder, more exciting flavors.
- Fiesta Inspired Cookout – Backyard entertaining is getting a Mexican makeover as grillers infuse summer staples like beer can chicken, corn on the cob and even frozen beverages with vibrant flavors.
- Big Flavor, Small Bites – Small grills are great for saving space – and urban grillers use them to create lip-smacking bites amped up with herbs and spices, like Korean pork and s’mores-stuffed strawberries, served right off the grates.
- Indian Expedition: Backyard Style – Grill enthusiasts are exploring the richly spiced flavors of India – adding them to appetizers, entrees and desserts for a fresh new taste.
- For the Love of Steak – Satisfying a steak craving doesn’t have to break the bank. With the right seasoning and simple techniques, backyard cooks are getting fantastic flavor out of affordable cuts like sirloin and flank.
Stay tuned for more grilling how-tos, tips and recipes all season long at www.grillingflavorforecast.com and www.pinterest.com/mccormickspices. Get inspired by other grilling enthusiasts by joining the Grillerhood – visit www.facebook.com/GrillMates.
To download food photography, visit the digital press room at www.mccormick.com/FoodMedia.
About Flavor Forecast
Since 2000, McCormick has been on the forefront of identifying emerging culinary trends through its signature Flavor Forecast, a delicious expression of our passion for flavor. This annual look at the future of flavor is highly anticipated, acting as a catalyst for innovation within the broader food industry. In recent years, McCormick has also issued a special grilling edition. The Flavor Forecast makes a difference in the way people create and experience food around the world. Visit www.flavorforecast.com for more information.
McCormick & Company, Incorporated is a global leader in flavor with more than $4 billion in annual sales. McCormick manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavorful products to the entire food industry – retail outlets, food manufacturers and foodservice businesses – in more than 125 countries and territories. Since Willoughby M. McCormick founded the company selling root beer extract in 1889, McCormick has demonstrated a strong commitment to the communities in which it operates and the planet as a whole. Innovation in flavor and a clear focus on employee engagement and product quality has allowed McCormick to grow its business globally and become the flavor leader it is today. Visit mccormick.com, mccormickcorporation.com and Facebook.com/McCormickSpice for more information.