|HUNT VALLEY, Md – This Halloween, throw a wickedly whimsical party that will get both adults and kids into the spirit with a colorful monster mash-up of drinks – including ideas for the rim – and devilish sweets from McCormick.
“Flavor-rich extracts and playful food colors are perfect for creating drinks and treats that are spooky and fun,” said Mary Beth Harrington of the McCormick Kitchens. “Two drops of black food color turn floating marshmallows into eyeballs in our Ghost Busted Cocktail – and you can get really creative by decorating the rim of a glass with colored sugars or oozing red syrup using our Grim Glass Rims guide.”
For devilish drinks, try:
- Ghost Busted Cocktail – Black food color turns marshmallows into eyes while vanilla extract accents a simple syrup, cream and vodka cocktail. Rim the beverage glass with black-tinted sugar to make it particularly frightening.
- Orange Hocus Pocus Fizz – This tantalizing cocktail of rum, coconut and pineapple – made with red and yellow food color – is a sweetly spooky beverage that’ll be a Halloween hit. Leave the rum out for a virgin “mocktail” if you’ve got little ghouls and goblins at your party.
- Green Lagoon Punch – It doesn’t get much more Halloween-y than this green-tinted punch, complete with a floating purple hand - perfect for adults and kids alike.
Try these kid- and adult-friendly sweet treats to turn your festivities into a delicious graveyard smash:
- Black Velvet Whoopie Pies – Get into the Halloween spirit with a tempting take on red velvet featuring Jack-o-Lantern Orange, Frankenstein Green and Phantom Purple fillings that can be customized to your taste with flavors like orange, lemon and raspberry.
- Creepy Crawly Spider Cupcakes – Turn innocent cupcakes into scary black spiders with black-tinted frosting, black string licorice and other candies.
- Black Cat Cookies – No need to beware of these frightful felines, made by adding black food color to chocolate frosting – the perfect addition to your party.
Need to tint frosting a freaky Frankenstein Green? Looking for the perfect potion to turn your cakes Jack-O-Lantern Orange? McCormick’s monster color mash-up chart has the recipe for spot-on Halloween colors.
|WHITE CAKE MIX
|GERMAN CHOCOLATE CAKE MIX
|WHITE ICING (16 oz. container)
(16 oz. container)
||100 drops neon green
||25 drops neon green
||50 drops yellow
25 drops red
||25 drops yellow
12 drops red
||1 (1 oz) bottle red
||100 drops red
||3 Tbsp. black
||50 drops black
*Neon green is included in the McCormick Neon Food Color & Egg Dye package
NOTE: 1 tsp equals about 100 drops.
Find more Halloween treats perfect for the season at www.McCormick.com, www.Pinterest.com/McCormickSpice and www.facebook.com/McCormickSpice.
# # #
To download food photography, visit the digital press room at www.McCormick.com/Press-Room.
McCormick & Company, Incorporated is a global leader in flavor with more than $4 billion in annual sales. McCormick manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavorful products to the entire food industry – retail outlets, food manufacturers and foodservice businesses – in more than 125 countries and territories. Since Willoughby M. McCormick founded the company selling root beer extract in 1889, McCormick has demonstrated a strong commitment to the communities in which it operates and the planet as a whole. Innovation in flavor and a clear focus on employee engagement and product quality has allowed McCormick to grow its business globally and become the flavor leader it is today. Visit mccormick.com, mccormickcorporation.com and Facebook.com/McCormickSpice for more information.