|HUNT VALLEY, Md. (April 9, 2015) – Grilling season is officially here, and today McCormick & Company (NYSE: MKC), a global leader in flavor, released its annual McCormick® Grill Mates® Flavor Forecast® 2015: GRILLING EDITION. The report features the hottest trends set to deliver epic grilled flavors all season long – from a reverse sear technique to banish dry chicken from the grates to beyond-basic burger toppings like grilled avocado, mango slaw and Sriracha mayonnaise.
“We identified the up-and-coming grilling trends and flavors, then created simple tips to bring them to life in backyards across America,” said Chef Kevan Vetter of the McCormick Kitchens. “For example, with our Backyard Brunch trend, we use cedar planks for more than just salmon. Try cracking an egg into a cut-out hole in toast set on a plank, then sprinkle with an applewood rub for smoky grilled flavor.”
The sizzling trends from the McCormick Grill Mates Flavor Forecast 2015: GRILLING EDITION are:
- Backyard Brunch – Bacon, eggs and bloody marys are even better outside. Gather ‘round the grill for bolder brunch favorites with smoky flavor.
- Grilling Salts – Shake up classic salt & pepper by adding ingredients like smoked spices, citrus peel and even bacon to bring big texture and craveable flavor before and after grilling.
- Reverse Sear – Banish dry chicken from the grates. Start with low heat for evenly cooked, juicy meat, then turn up the flames for a quick, crispy char.
- Smokin’ Veggie Starters – Upgrade basic veggies and dip with bright colors and irresistible flavors to get the party started.
- Boss Burgers - It’s all about the build. Add flavors like brown sugar bourbon or shawarma to meat, then build with unique toppers and condiments like grilled avocado, mango slaw or lime mayo to create the ultimate burger.
For more tips and recipes, visit www.FlavorForecast.com. Also, check us out on Pinterest, Facebook and GrillMates.com.
To download food photography, visit the digital press room at www.McCormick.com/Press-Room.
About Flavor Forecast
Since 2000, the annual McCormick® Flavor Forecast® has identified top trends, insights and ingredients driving the future of flavor. Created by a global team of McCormick experts — including chefs, culinary professionals, trend trackers and food technologists — the Flavor Forecast inspires culinary exploration and innovation around the world. In recent years, McCormick has also issued a special grilling edition. Visit FlavorForecast.com to learn more.
McCormick & Company, Incorporated is a global leader in flavor. With $4.2 billion in annual sales, the company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavorful products to the entire food industry – retail outlets, food manufacturers and foodservice businesses. Every day, no matter where or what you eat, you can enjoy food flavored by McCormick. McCormick Brings Passion to Flavor™. For more information, visit www.mccormickcorporation.com.