HUNT VALLEY, Md. (July 21, 2016) – You don’t need a passport to experience the bold flavors of Brazil this summer, it’s easy to get a taste of Rio in your own backyard. To help fans celebrate at home, the flavor experts at McCormick are sharing recipes for vibrant grilled skewers and a variety of signature sauces. Skewered meats have been common for generations in Brazil, from the fire pit roasts of gauchos to modern churrascarias, or Brazilian steakhouses.
“Skewers are a simple and easy food to serve friends and family during a Rio-themed viewing party,” said McCormick Executive Chef Kevan Vetter. “A Brazilian marinade pairs great with steak, chicken and pork, so grill up all three and let guests choose their own meat and complementary sauce. My favorite is a red chimichurri, which gets fiery flavor from smoked paprika, crushed red pepper and jalapeño.”
Grill Up Gold Medal-Worthy Skewers:
- Brazilian Meat Skewers: Bring South American barbecue to your backyard by grilling up meat skewers marinated in McCormick’s new Brazilian Steakhouse Marinade.
- Brazilian-Style Garlic-Cilantro Steak Skewers: Recreate a Rio specialty on your grill by marinating sirloin steak in a savory garlic herb & wine marinade, cilantro and black pepper and topping with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Brazilian-Style Skewered Pork Tenderloin: Bring restaurant-quality greatness to the grates with pork marinated in a tangy blend of Dijon mustard, oregano and a steakhouse marinade made with chili peppers, Worcestershire sauce and cumin.
Score with Game-Winning Sauces:
- Red Chimichurri Sauce: Up your grill game by topping your steak, chicken and pork skewers with this sauce loaded with big, Brazilian flavor from a blend of cumin, oregano, smoked paprika and crushed red pepper.
- Grilled Tomato Coconut BBQ Sauce: Creamy coconut milk balances the heat from fresh jalapeño and crushed red pepper, resulting in a vibrant, flavorful accompaniment for steak, pork, ribs, chicken, chops and more.
- Guava Mango Ají Amarillo Sauce: Juicy mango and guava add tropical sweetness to this sauce, while ají amarillo chile paste finishes it with show-stopping heat – making it perfect for chicken, seafood, steak and pork.
For more easy tips and recipes for bringing Brazilian flavor to the grill this summer, visit GrillMates.com and McCormick.com. Also, check us out on Pinterest and Facebook.
To download food photography, visit the digital press room at www.McCormick.com/Press-Room.
McCormick & Company, Incorporated is a global leader in flavor. With $4.3 billion in annual sales, the company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavorful products to the entire food industry – retail outlets, food manufacturers and foodservice businesses. Every day, no matter where or what you eat, you can enjoy food flavored by McCormick. McCormick Brings Passion to Flavor™. For more information, visit www.mccormickcorporation.com.