|HUNT VALLEY, Md. (May 12, 2016) – Think rubs are only for steaks and ribs? Think again. This Memorial Day weekend, classic American burgers are going from ordinary to epic with the addition of intensely-flavored spice rubs. The McCormick® Flavor Forecast® 2016: GRILLING EDITION predicts that “brazen burger rubs” for ground beef, pork and even veggie burgers will rule backyard BBQs this summer.
“Rubs create a bold, smoky, caramelized outer layer for grilled burgers,” said McCormick Executive Chef Kevan Vetter. “Select an interesting flavor combo for the rub, then build out the burger, toppings and all, to match that taste. For example, pair a ground pork patty with a breakfast-inspired sage and Smokehouse Maple Seasoning rub. Grill, then top with melty cheddar, crispy bacon and a fried egg; sandwich between syrup-drizzled Belgian waffles.”
These DIY brazen burger rubs take just minutes to make and add serious flavor to beef, pork, lamb and even chickpea patties.
- Cowboy Rub: Grab the bull by the horns and combine a garlic-pepper blend with chili powder for a crave-worthy rub.
- Mesquite Rub: Go southwest bold. Add a blend of chili pepper, garlic, onion, smoky mesquite and brown sugar for a
- Smoky Maple & Sage Rub: Bring breakfast flavor to the grill by mixing Smokehouse Maple Seasoning with herby notes of sage and thyme.
- Applewood Rub: Short on time? Use a pre-mixed rub like Grill Mates Applewood Rub – a mix of chili pepper, garlic and molasses - to give your burger a smoky, savory and slightly sweet finish.
- Try it on: A beef burger topped with grilled avocado and Cotija cheese.
Complete your outdoor menu with grilled sides that sizzle with flavor.
- Grilled Veggies: Char your favorite seasonal vegetables for ultimate barbecue sides.
- “Grate” Potatoes: Grill your spuds for an extra crispy finish to your meal.
For more grilling tips, recipes and inspiration, visit GrillMates.com and McCormick.com. Also, check us out on Pinterest and Facebook.
To download food photography, visit the digital press room at www.McCormick.com/Press-Room.
McCormick & Company, Incorporated is a global leader in flavor. With $4.3 billion in annual sales, the company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavorful products to the entire food industry – retail outlets, food manufacturers and foodservice businesses. Every day, no matter where or what you eat, you can enjoy food flavored by McCormick. McCormick Brings Passion to Flavor™. For more information, visit www.mccormickcorporation.com.