|HUNT VALLEY, Md. (February 23, 2016) – It doesn’t take the Luck o’ the Irish to throw a great St. Patrick’s Day party. McCormick has developed tips and recipes for a festive celebration you’ll enjoy as much as your guests – including a make-ahead corned beef and ideas for using food color to tint food and drinks green.
Make-Ahead Celtic Classics
Serve a one-pot recipe that’s made in advance so you can spend more time socializing. Try one of these crowd-pleasing Irish favorites as your main dish:
- Slow Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage – Let your slow cooker do the work. With a prep time of just 10 minutes, this Irish staple simmers in flavor throughout the day, making a delicious and tender party entrée.
- Shepherd’s Pie with Cumin & Smashed Chickpeas – Serve up this make-ahead one-dish meal bursting with flavor from hearty chickpeas, potatoes, roasted cumin, seasoned beef and lamb. Simply bake before adding to the party fare.
Get Car-Away-ed with Irish Flavor
Caraway is a classic ingredient in Irish cuisine. Add caraway to sips and sides for more authentic party fare:
It’s Easy Being Green
Use this St. Patrick’s Day Color Guide for tinting store-bought frosting and cake mix in seven shades of green. Add green food color to drinks, appetizers or desserts to add even more Irish flair to your table:
- Irish Spuds and Dip – Tint your ranch dip green and pair with potato wedges for a simple appetizer.
- Green Beer – Add a few drops of green food color to your favorite ice-cold brew for an easy St. Patrick’s themed beverage.
- Leprechaun Lemonade – Serve this alcohol-free green lemonade, perfect for little Leprechauns and adults alike.
- Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies – Turn a classic into a green-tinted minty chocolate chip cookie perfect for St. Pat’s.
- Easy Green Velvet Cupcakes – Surprise your guests with this green velvet treat that takes cake mix to delicious new heights with vanilla extract, sour cream and cocoa.
Visit www.McCormick.com for more St. Pat’s party inspiration like Rainbow Bundt Cake and Emerald Mint Milkshakes, and check us out on Pinterest and Facebook.
To download food photography, visit the digital press room at www.McCormick.com/Press-Room.
McCormick & Company, Incorporated is a global leader in flavor. With $4.2 billion in annual sales, the company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavorful products to the entire food industry – retail outlets, food manufacturers and foodservice businesses. Every day, no matter where or what you eat, you can enjoy food flavored by McCormick. McCormick Brings Passion to Flavor™. For more information, visit www.mccormickcorporation.com.