|HUNT VALLEY, Md. (November 1, 2016) – Trying to determine how to bake, roast and warm multiple dishes in one oven? Planning a perfectly timed Thanksgiving feast brimming with the nostalgic flavors and aromas of the season can be challenging. This year, the McCormick Kitchens have developed wow-worthy recipes that put the slow cooker to work, making everything from homemade cranberry sauce to sausage sage stuffing and mouthwatering apple cobbler.
“Many classic Thanksgiving dishes are even better when prepared in a slow cooker – it gives desserts an ooey gooey texture and allows flavors to fully develop in sides and sauces,” said McCormick Executive Chef Kevan Vetter. “Instead of using canned cranberry sauce, let fresh cranberries, cinnamon, bay leaves and an orange slowly simmer in the slow cooker. Four hours later you’ll have an impressive, sweet-tart sauce to serve with the turkey and spread on leftover sandwiches.”
Whether you're hosting Thanksgiving for the first or fifteenth time, at home or away, try these recipes with the pure flavors of McCormick herbs, spices and extracts.
Stuffing Three Ways:
- Slow Cooker Oyster Stuffing – This traditional New England-style stuffing is made with shucked oysters, French bread and smoky bacon and seasoned with thyme, sage and a hint of nutmeg.
- Slow Cooker Sausage Stuffing – Favorite Thanksgiving flavors like Italian sausage, sage and rosemary mingle in a slow cooker to create a flavorful, hassle-free stuffing.
- Slow Cooker Cranberry Apple Stuffing – Seasonal ingredients like chopped apples and cranberries add sweet and tangy flavor to this classic stuffing.
Slow-Cooked Sauces & Spuds:
- Slow Cooker Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Marshmallows – A clever version of a beloved favorite. Cook sweet potatoes in the slow cooker with cinnamon and nutmeg, then mash and top with mini marshmallows. Serve right from the crock!
- Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes - These one-pot, no-boil mashed potatoes are slow-simmered in stock and bay leaves, then whipped to perfection with butter, milk and garlic.
- Slow Cooker Cranberry Sauce – Made with just five ingredients, a crock full of cranberries is infused with sugar, cinnamon, bay leaves and an orange.
Seasonal Sides & Veggies:
Scrumptious Slow Cooker Desserts:
For more Thanksgiving tips and recipes, visit McCormick.com. Also, check us out on Pinterest and Facebook.
# # #
To download product photography, visit the digital press room at www.mccormick.com/Press-Room.
McCormick & Company, Incorporated is a global leader in flavor. With $4.3 billion in annual sales, the company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavorful products to the entire food industry – retail outlets, food manufacturers and foodservice businesses. Every day, no matter where or what you eat, you can enjoy food flavored by McCormick. McCormick Brings Passion to Flavor™. For more information, visit www.mccormickcorporation.com.